Tuesday, May 25, 2010

But she makes me feel like roller skating...

No one has ever called me graceful. I know I've mentioned it before, but my inability to remain upright and injury free is an every day battle. Just yesterday I was running for the tram when I was suddenly sprawled flat on asphalt - palms grazed, eyes watery yet stockings miraciously un-laddered. Other memorable splats involve me carrying a tub of yoghurt and a punnet of cherry tomatoes past the cafe in Town Hall, only to end up on my bottom with yoghurt everywhere and cherry tomatoes gleefully escaping.

So all of the above considered - why on earth am I even considering buying these?!


Catch of the Day has these cute little skates for $34.95. I have no idea if that's a good deal or not, all I know is I want them. But let's be realistic, I'm going to need wrist-pads, elbow-pads, knee-pads and possibly shin-pads if I want to get out of this unscathed. Somehow the visions I had of gliding along the Glebe boardwalk are fading into memories of failed attempts to ride bikes and painful falls at Skate Plus. Maybe I should give the skates a miss...

Wait.... email I just received from Oh about my yearning for skates "You can’t have those. It’s for your own good. When you can walk down the road without losing skin then we can think about it.". Well now I really want them.

3 comments:

  1. just buy them. its a good deal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe you are too funny! I would buy those too quite happily knowing that there was no way I could stand up in them! Same reasoning with shoes too :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Em, I really hate having to agree with Oh but he's right on this one. I'd like you to stay in one piece :)

    ReplyDelete