Thursday, January 21, 2010

Colour my world

I'm big in to colours at the moment - well always, actually. I'm known for wearing block colours, and often loud ones at that. So that probably explains why my chest tightens a little (in a good way!) when I see this picture.

It's So She Sew's wedding dress (with this gorgeous photo taken by Andrew Thomas Lee) and I just LOVE that crazily coloured crinoline. I'd seen a dress like this in a magazine two years ago and ripped it out for keeps. Not because I'm wedding obsessed (er...don't look at my Foxtel IQ box please. It may or may not be full of Say Yes To The Dress and Four Weddings) but because I couldn't get those colours of my head.
I think the colour crinoline is a really fun and quirky way to inject some of your personality into a traditional wedding dress - whether it be one colour... or five. I'm also an absolute sucker for tea-length 50's wedding dresses, but THAT my friend is another story all together. One we might revisit further down the track eh?

2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful dress, almost makes you want to get married :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know huh? i think we need more reasons in life to wear crazy/fun coloured dresses!

    ReplyDelete