Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The sweets and treats of the Big Apple.

As a Sex and the City fan who happened to be on Bleecker St on a snowy New York New Years Eve, it would be remiss of me not to visit Magnolia Bakery, the very store where Carrie ate a cupcake sparking an enormous cupcake trend. We were lucky that the line wasn't too long and since I'd read reviews that said their cupcakes weren't that great I bought a Banana Pudding instead. Ooooh, good choice! The puddingy, wafery, banana creamy deliciousness was everything I hoped for and more. Here is a really bad photo of it:



Ok, so I'm guessing I'm not the first person to discover how fantastic Crumbs Bake Shop is since they have about 16 stores across the USA, but having been living under a rock in Sydney imagine my surprise and delight when I stumbled across their Madison Avenue store. This is where I satisfied my cupcake craving (3 times). The Baba Booey and the Smores cakes were out of this world. I hope they bring out a recipe book so I can attempt to recreate their amazing peanut butter cream cheese encased in chocolate cupcake at home.


I visited Dylan's Candy Bar on the Upper East Side full of fantastic random candies that I will include later in this blog, the Hershey's store in Times Square where I bought Reese's peanut butter chocolate sauce and the M&M's store with its wall of lovely coloured M&Ms where I ended up purchasing approximately 3 kilos of chocolate...oops!

All in all, I was sad to leave NYC but the extra 3 kilos I put on over only 6 days will be a reminder of the amazing tasty desserts I enjoyed during my stay. I heart New York, but I especially heart sweets!

5 comments:

  1. *Squeal* I love New York and what a great selection of things to see sweets wise. The last time I went there, I'm sure there wasn't nearly as much cool stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooooooo jealous of your NYC foodie adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh jealous! I can't wait to go to New York and go to that cupcakery! I think I might order their cookbook online one of these days soon!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh guys, I can't even describe how yummy everything was!
    I was lucky my boyfriend was with me otherwise I probably would have just gone from bakery to candy store to bakery and not done any sightseeing at all! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like SO much fun (and yummy too)!

    ReplyDelete