Monday, January 25, 2010

Where the colours are

If you have some spare time before the 11th April and it's possible to get yourself to the Museum of Contemporary Art in Sydney, then I highly recommend the Take Your Time exhibition from Olafur Eliasson, a Danish-Icelandic artist. Without going into a massive explanation of the exhibition (which you can find here) I’ll just say that it includes a walk in kaleidoscope, a rainbow created by the projection of light onto a curtain of mist, thousands of pieces of white Lego and a tunnel of spectacularly coloured panels that I could live in for the rest of my life. I’m not very arty but I thought it was fantastic and the MCA gift shop is worth a visit on your way out too.

(One way Colour Tunnel by Olafur Eliasson, image was found here)

No comments:

Post a Comment