Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Worth more than a thousand words

If I could just have one photo for the rest of my life I think it would be this one.
You know how everyone always thinks that their grandparents came out of the womb aged 80? That they couldn't possibly have ever been young and free spirited and crazy with love. Well this photo challenged the idea that my grandmother was always... my grandmother.

By the time I got to know her she was little and round and cuddly in all the places a grandma should be. She baked and knitted and sewed. She made grapes in jelly and had an entire cupboard of buttons.
This photo tells me that in a previous life she was young and vibrant, that she let her hair go slightly wild, that she was one hell of a poser. Oh and that she wore short shorts! (heck she had the figure for it)

No comments:

Post a Comment